Monday, June 23, 2014

Review and Accolades–Purest of the Breed (The Community Series #2) by Tracy Tappan

d189c1b6566f0f0be33580f2f591ab71

                                                        Expected publication: July 1st 2014 by B. Reed Publishing
download (4)

ballgroovydivmyst1




purest of the breed 72dpi
Plagued by enemies from above and below ground, a group of Vârcolac warriors fight a desperate battle to keep their secret town safe from invasion.

A different place to find her dreams…

The night Marissa Bonaventure is saved from vicious kidnappers by special operative, Dev Nichita, her life is changed in ways she never could have imagined. Brought to the safety of an underground “research institute,” she’s offered a hefty sum of money to stay on and work for a year, money that will allow her to fulfill her lifelong dream of owning a restaurant. But the surreal events that unfold in the strange community of Ţărână soon make her wonder if all is what it seems. When the shocking truth about Dev is exposed, Marissa faces an impossible decision. She loves Dev deeply, but committing to a Vârcolac is a forever proposition, and the only way she can be with Dev will require her to throw away her one chance to redeem a miserable past.

The man he wants to be…

The night Dev Nichita rescues Marissa from the claws of the Om Rău demon race, he knows she’s meant to be his mate. Lying to her about his true nature feels wrong, but he needs time to make her fall in love with him before he reveals that he’s a different breed of human being. When that secret finally comes out, their relationship is shattered in ways Dev hadn’t predicted. A 100-year-old betrayal rises up to threaten their future together—devastating every member of his family—and Dev’s own angry withdrawal becomes a nearly insurmountable obstacle. Then the Topside Om Rău enemy threatens a catastrophic breach of the hidden community, and Dev must call upon all his power as he races against the clock to save the most important people in his life.

493275s8wrn8jsb5


image (13)[54]


Let me tell you about how a book might have literally saved my life. When I agreed to review this book, I was in a really, REALLY low place. Not to go into personal issues, but I was absolutely at my lowest point ever. I do not exaggerate in the least, when I say that I was ready to call it quits. Then I started Purest of the Breed. I had read The Bloodline War and loved it, one of my favorite books this year as a matter of fact, and felt an obligation to finish this commitment that I had made Tracy Tappan. Long, depressing story short.... Marissa and Dev made me laugh. I don't mean a giggle or a snort. I laughed til tears rolled and my stomach muscles cramped and begged for mercy. That shot of endorphins and joy brought me back to a sane place, so you will understand why I am now an acolyte of this series.

I know many who feel the vampire trope has been done to death, BUT, I swear that you haven't had the honor of meeting the Varcolac, or else you would erase that thought from your psyche forever. This world is beyond unique and the characters are created, developed, and written to such a degree of perfection that I feel I could call them on the phone or meet them for coffee. The minutiae of everyday life is not forgotten but welcomed and used to make this world a very real place. Not only was there laughter, but there was drama, angst, heartbreak, tears, and yes lots and lots of melt your panties off romance.

I would love to tell some of the secrets that make this world so special, but finding out is half the fun. I will hint that these mature Varcolac are primed and ready. You CAN learn alot from books! The dynamics between all the characters, past, present and future would be enough for me. The romance is just the jalapeno on top. (These are some hot tamales!) These Varcolac, and all there assorted brethren have absolutely captivated me with their wit, intelligence, sexiness and just plain likability. I absolutely defy you to read this book, nay this series, and not come away a happier, more balanced person. It can't be done. Do I expect The Community series to be used in therapy? Probably not, but it worked for me. I guarantee you will like this book. J.R. Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon and the others atop the PNR mountain, watch your back, there is a fast rising star and it's Tracy Tappan.
  
image_thumb[75]



image (10)[44]



TheBloodlineWar
download (4)


**THE BLOODLINE WAR is the recipient of the Bronze Medal for romance from the prestigious Independent Publishers Book Awards (IPPY)**


Check out my review here.





ballgroovydivmyst1[7]

image (3)[5]


8164de921dc10a82390a4b.L._V365073902_SX200_

Tracy is the award-winning author of gritty romance, her books spanning genres across paranormal (The Community series), military suspense (The Wings of Gold series), and Historical (The Baron’s War trilogy). During nearly a quarter of a century spent as a military wife, she lived all over the United States and in Europe, enjoying seven years overseas in the diplomatic community, first in Rome then in Madrid, until she settled back in San Diego. Tracy holds a master’s degree in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling, and has used this background to create a fan-based website called The Character Couch, where romance’s favorite couples are brought into a fun session with therapist, Regan Malloy.



Image-1[66]
Website/Facebook/Twitter/Goodreads/Amazon author page


image (12)


Tracy is hosting a great contest with some autographed copies of her books as prizes. Check it out here.

signature (1)[5]

No comments: